11/4/10

Itty Bitty Tid Bitty

A Quote From A Friend's Blog:
"Something I found very interesting today was the fact that people recovering from ED's often need structured meal plans because our brains process dopamine differently. In other words we have very little ability to judge whether we are making “the right” decision. So decision making can quickly become overwhelming, stressful, and cause a lot of anxiety. Having limited options actually helps us. For example, instead of saying “What kind of grain would you like with dinner?” it is easier for us to be asked “Would you like rice or pasta?” This also explains why shopping for groceries can be so damn overwhelming. We have so many choices and our anxiety builds because we don’t know what to choose or if we are making the right choices." 

Every chance I get, I'd like to inclued tidbits in this blog from now on, mostly for my friends that follow my writings, only to aid in their understanding of not only ED's as a whole, but what I am going through as well. Let This Be The First In The TidBit Posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment