11/18/10

Day 07 :

- A picture of someone/something that has had the biggest impact on you. 


Sometimes is never quite enough
If you're flawless, then you'll win my love
Don't forget to win first place
Don't forget to keep that smile on your face

This Post Took Me Awhile To Write. And I'm Sure I'll Add To Or Change The Whole Thing In Time. Cause Honestly I'm Not Sure What Has Had The Biggest Impact On Me. 

I started thinking of all the people in my life, and how they have changed me, for the better and the worst. And I wanted to post a past boyfriend, and explain how he completely destroyed me. But I thought about it, and thats not whats the biggest impact has been. It was something that made me just work harder on what really impacted me. 

I've always lived in the Shadow of those around me. I'm an only child so I've had no compation. But thats never stopped my family from comparing me to the success of my cousins. Lesley, The Perfect Dental Assist. "Why can't Sara just be smart like my daughter? Lesley never has any problems, Maybe Sara Just Isn't Smart?" Then there would be my disappointment cousins. Everyone has a few of these. The Drug Do'ers, The Nerdowell's. It was always "Well, At Least She's Not Hit Bottom Yet." I was always seen to be a future failure. Always just barely passing, just barely getting by. I was never fast enough, never tall enough, never smart or witty, or pretty enough. I was Sara. The Runt Of The Family. And would never amount to anything. 

I wanted to prove them wrong. I wanted to shine. I wanted them to know I'm trying, I was always trying. "I know that I'm not perfect, but I keep trying." I was the one that was forgotten, No one called on birthdays, no one sent me a get well card. No one came to vist. I wasn't worth the trip. I wanted to simply be worth something to them. And For The Longest Time, I Simply Wanted To Be Worth Something To Someone. I know now that a handfull of people really care for me, and will always be there. That our friendship is strong and true. But Even Then, It Will Never Be The Feeling When I Finally Sucied At Something. When I'm finally worth something in my families eyes.



Day 07 
- A picture of someone/something that has had the biggest impact on you. : 

The Drive For Perfection. The Fire Of Worth.

No comments:

Post a Comment