12/5/13

The Poem Never Read

Who I am now, is someone I never intended to be.
For I got lost in the back of my head.
I've told you, it was a maze,
I've told you what I have said
But here we go

In circles we travel,
unwanted this attention,
unneeded this trouble.

Just stand there alone,
gaze up in the spotlight.
People will pass,
children will point.. but
remain where you stand,
a symbol of hope.

My heat was burning,
it did once light our way
out of the center of
this very maze.

If I stop talking
I'm sure you'll be lost,
deeper and deeper into thought..

A walking zombie,
just like I found you..
Tattered, battered,
and possibly decaying..

But that doesn't matter,
its not how thing will end..

I can't see the future,
our time remaining.. but I'll
stand with you so,
I don't fall be hind.

Hold my hand tight,
never let me go..
Be there with me when
the bullet wound shows;

Right through where
my heart use to be
now is a shot.. I bleed.

My life is ending,
you can't save me now..
All this, is some silly,

words written down.
Nothing in ink,
or recorded in a book..

Just pencil and paper,
take another look!

It can be erased,
like magic
it disappears..

With slightly effort,
its gone..
Simply no proof of existent.

Like a Cliff hanger,
this ending..
Two words
can stop it all.

It's nothing to ever,
depend on at all.

My dear,
this..
this is..

The end.

No comments:

Post a Comment