2/22/14

"Someone Like Me"

Note book pages, and post-it doodles
your name surrounded with hearts..



I said I'd wait, but I think now, you're waiting for me.

Poems, and late night calls, your letter in the mail. Soft sighs and day dreams. What happened to me? Where did I go? I was so sure.. I know, however, that one thing I'm still sure of is that, I love you. Just as much, if not more.. But I'm worried now, that I'm not quite enough. 

The moments when you breath deep, and finally think everything out. You get to have a word with yourself, and you see where you need to be, where you need to be going. 

I'm not going to say good by to the IRC, to my new friends. But when school starts, I won't be around as often. Schooling, homework, my studies, they will take top priority. I think I need to take that time to really figure myself out as well. I can't fully give myself to another person, love and care for them, until I'm all together myself. Then again.. Maybe this is just a copout answer.

But I know I need some time to be lonely.



Not belong to anyone, and just be with myself. Because loneliness, is one thing I'm terrified of. And I need to be okay with who I am, before I can let someone love that person. 

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous1/3/14

    Wow...I'm really proud of you. Your not coping out at all. It just feels that way because your letting go of connections. That takes balls. Realizing what has to come first. Diving into yourself. Even becoming saturated in lonliness until your lonely no more. Most people take the easy road, and sit on repeat. To wanna really jump into the abyss of yourself is quite somthing. Congrats on your journey Alice.

    ReplyDelete