3/1/14

Vodka, Destructive Behaviours..

And all the reasons why I promised to never drink it again.



This morning, water and suds.. running down my legs, soft stinging.. slight irritation. More so the slight twists, and every step.. as my boot rubs my sock.. my skin.. raw skin. Just a constant reminder, this is how I learn to be a good girl. This is how I learn my lessons.

Sorry I told. I just needed you to know.
I think in decimals and dollars.
I am the cause to all your problems,
Shelter from cold. we are never alone.

This is how I once, long ago, use to learn my lessons.
Perhaps this is why this stinging feels like home.
If it makes any difference, I feel ashamed.
Just new marks to hide.

Coordinate brain and mouth.
Then ask me whats it like to have
Myself so figured out.
I wish I knew..

"Just new marks to hide." Which seems silly. But no one wants to see fresh marks. Only pink ribbons left on soft skin. Because by then, they feel they don't have to intervene. As the damage is done, and clearly, they've moved passed it, right? I'm not saying I need someone to intervene. I know better. But vodka, vodka makes me forget that. That's why I swore to never drink it again. But I got nervous, I got scared. I panicked.

And no, I don't wish that I never made them. You've gotta fall to get back up again. Moments of weakness happen. I am, after all, only human. 

No comments:

Post a Comment