8/24/11

Life with an Eating Disorder


Life with an Eating Disorder

People think its simple. To not eat. Something we each do every single day of our lives to stay alive.
Most think its an easy habit to cut out of your life - that its the "easy way out" to starve yourself.

Anyone with an ED will beg to differ.

When this obsession controls your life and you find yourself trapped - its far from easy. Its the hardest life to live - as an Ana/Mia.
Your mind controls you - every day is a battle between instinct and willpower.

I look in the mirror and see someone that disgusts me. Starving myself makes me feel alive, makes me appreciate beauty and love myself. Love myself up until that point where I cave in and open my mouth for a bite. Just one bite - a bite that throws my self worth and self respect completely off the table.

The world in general likes to look down on people with Eating Disorders - and feel sympathy for the obese. How is that ok???

Us that walk around nearly passing out from weakness in an attempt to find beauty for ourselves - not the world - for our own happiness - and people judge us. The fat person gulping down meds has to be sympathized for "shame honey, don't call her fat". That's not fair.
Its their choice to become so obese, and its ours to limit our food.

This is a constant battle for me, every single day, and its not something a healthy diet will cure or some counseling will fix - this I my reality.
My best friend...Ana.
My worst enemy...Ana.
My life.
________________________________
The above story was submitted by an anonymous member of the community.
The image is by the wonderfully talented Glenn Arthur
Submit your stories or art, comments or criticisms to me and help make this website yours.

1 comment: