6/29/17

Hag stone in hand,

You are brought into the light.

All focus was on the pair of olive green socks which hung loosely around Dr.T's ankles. He continued to jot notes as I was being interviewed.

Question.
Answer.
Scribble.
Type.

Retain eye contact, not too much eye contact. Legs crossed? Oh hell, my leg hair. Should have worn pants. Should I have? Does that matter? Wait.. what did she ask? Oh hell, awkward cry laugh. Why is this the part that makes me choke up, and what can I possibly do with that information. How much of this is really the truth, more importantly however, how much do they believe. I should have watched more Lie To Me. I'm not here to lie, it's just with these questions, honesty hurts. I think they can see that. Isn't that what they are trained to see?

Session two, socks now under the desk and out of view, at least it's a nice day out. Though I had dressed for warmer weather. Though, I'm always cold. 


Question. 
nod.
Big word, proposed plan of attack.
nod.
Type.

Traits? What do you mean personality traits? 12 months of therapy? New medication? Neglect? What do you mean high rates of suicide? No, of course, it's apparently just passive. How long? Oh, gee. Years. 

Question.
nod.
Scribble.
Type.

Come back in three weeks, we will book you for a group session
after we see how the medication is treating you.
Remember, 300mg three times a day. 
nod. 

Traits? What do you mean personality traits..

No comments:

Post a Comment